The aftermath of a dryer improperly serviced.
Should you find your dryer has lost efficiency or does not dry well, it could be the vent has become clogged. Not only will your dryer not work as well, but a clogged dryer vent is the number. 1 cause of house fires.
Periodically Clean the Dryer Vent and Exhaust Duct
- Check the outside dryer vent while the dryer is operating to make sure exhaust air is escaping. You should feel a strong discharge of moist warm air.
- If you do not feel a strong discharge of air, the vent or the exhaust duct may be blocked.
- It may be necessary to disconnect the exhaust duct from the dryer to remove a blockage in the exhaust path.
- Disconnect the ducting and inspect for blockage.
- Remember to properly reconnect the ducting to the dryer and outside vent before using the dryer again.
Ventilation & HVAC system cleanings
Before & After Ventilation system cleaning in South Bend
Ventilation systems are often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality. It is important to have your system inspected in your home or business. Having your ventilation system cleaned can help extend the life of your equipment, giving you cleaner air to breath. When your HVAC system hasn't been watched for a while, while operating it could be circulating dust, odors, and other contaminates. By having your HVAC system serviced you can help eliminate offensive odors, help to restore peak energy efficiency, and help reduce the potential for mold growth. SERVPRO of West St. Joseph County and South Bend N.E. does both duct and HVAC system inspections and cleanings in the Michiana area. Our technicians are highly trained and ready to help you breath easy today.