Should you find your dryer has lost efficiency or does not dry well, it could be the vent has become clogged. Not only will your dryer not work as well, but a clogged dryer vent is the number. 1 cause of house fires.
Periodically Clean the Dryer Vent and Exhaust Duct
- Check the outside dryer vent while the dryer is operating to make sure exhaust air is escaping. You should feel a strong discharge of moist warm air.
- If you do not feel a strong discharge of air, the vent or the exhaust duct may be blocked.
- It may be necessary to disconnect the exhaust duct from the dryer to remove a blockage in the exhaust path.
- Disconnect the ducting and inspect for blockage.
- Remember to properly reconnect the ducting to the dryer and outside vent before using the dryer again.